Consistent with DePauw's vision, the athletics department strives to provide nationally competitive intercollegiate athletics opportunities, while supporting a challenging academic environment and positive social experiences. Our department seeks to create and maintain an inclusive culture that values diversity and equity among its student-athletes and staff.
The DePauw University athletics experience enhances and develops personal values in our student-athletes reflective of self-confidence, integrity, discipline and teamwork. To achieve our goals, our athletics staff and student-athletes are expected to:
- Focus on learning and academic achievement, supporting and celebrating individual and team academic success.
- Prepare, practice and compete in the sport(s), striving to combine passion and determination to create an intense, competitive athletics environment.
- Support an integrated campus environment to allow student-athletes to take advantage of campus life, enjoying the totality of the DePauw University experience.
- Sustain an inclusive environment with a culture that fosters equitable student-athlete participation and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
- Adhere to the highest standards of sportsmanship and ethical conduct, following all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and DePauw University rules and bylaws.
The DePauw University athletics department leads by example in its treatment of student-athletes in all sports with equity, respect and dignity. Our fundamental and vigilant regard for student-athletes' health, safety and well-being is at the core of the DePauw University athletics experience. The University is committed to providing quality coaching, facilities, equipment and support services for our student-athletes as they strive to reach excellence in scholarship, athletics, campus engagement and leadership.